The Invacare Matrx Flovair seat cushion was developed to provide pelvic stability, leg positioning and pressure management for patients with postural asymmetry and skin integrity concerns. It incorporates a fluid overlay used in tandem with the patent-pending ThinAir liner to maximize surface area for optimal pressure redistribution and reduce build up of shear forces against the user, while minimizing overall product weight. The Flovair cushion is a great choice for neuromuscular, TBI or SCI clients without significant obliquity.
- Outer Cover: Moisture resistant and breable, includes non-slip base, hook and loop fastners and a lifting strap
- Inner Cover: Four way stretch to allow immersion, vapor permeable to allow air circulation while preventing fluid penetration
- Fluid Overlay: Works in tadem with the Invacare ThinAir bladder to maximise surface area for optimal pressure redistribution. Shear management as the two laywers work in harmony without weight penalty. Compensates for different body types as fluid/air layers envelop body contours.
- ThinAir Bladder: Comfort layer assists in redistributing peak pressures away from bony prominences. Helps manage shear forces.
- Positioning Foam Base: Soft foam allows immersion of pelvis for comfort and stability. Medial and lateral thigh supports facilitate positioning and alighment of lower extremities. Trochanter cutouts facilitate proper pressure redistribution and comfort. Firm foam inserts under the cutouts add support. Posterior pelvic support provides pelvic control that is rquired for stability and function. Sacral cutout provides additional comfort and support for those sitting in a posterior pelvic tilt. Gentle or max contour choices based on need for gentle or high level of posture control