Wheelchairs differ in many ways – On the market a huge amount of manufacturers and models with different characteristics, such as weight and seat adjustment, can be found. Some of them are made for persons in need of intensive care, some of them are designed for very active persons using the wheelchair all day long.
In order to cover the individual needs of wheelchair occupants Alber offers a variety of add-on drives and portable wheelchair motors that enlarge the benefit of a manual wheelchair.
Can e-motion be fitted to my wheelchair?
e-motion can be fitted to almost all conventional wheelchair models. A bracket is mounted on the wheelchair frame to support the e-motion wheels. The manual wheelchair wheels can still be used.
Which e-motion versions are available?
- Wheel sizes: 22″ or 24″
- Push rims: stainless steel
- Tyres: pneumatic tyres (serial), failsafe tyres (option)
How far can I travel on a single battery charge?
The drive engineering employed in e-motion means that the achievable range depends very heavily on the respective conditions of use. Indoor movement involving continuous use of motor power for starting, steering and braking reduces the range considerably more than consistent movement outdoors. A battery charge can be sufficient here for a distance of approximately 25 km under favourable conditions.
How do I charge e-motion ?
The supplied Alber charger is connected to both e-motion wheels which are charged up within 6 hours.
How fast is e-motion?
e-motion does not have a definite maximum speed level. The speed achieved depends on the strength of the propelling movement, as is the case with manual wheelchairs. e·motion assists the propelling movement up to 6 km/h.
How heavy may a person using e-motion be?
e-motion is designed for a maximum person weight of 130 kg, regardless of the type of wheelchair used.
How much does e-motion weigh?
2 wheels (11 kg each)
- Electrical wheel hub supports the propelling movement
- Pushing and braking is realised as usual with the push rims
- Gradients and longer stretches are mastered with minimal power expenditure
- Individual driving-characteristic programming options
- Keep active: muscles and joints are relieved of stress while the body is trained
- Suitable for the majority of manual wheelchairs