Five Contour Shapes
The Jay J3’s solid shell is available in five contour shapes to provide posterior and lateral pelvic and lateral thoracic stability to clients with varying postures and functional needs.
• Posterior (PA) – 2.2″ of lateral thoracic support
• Posterior Lateral (PL) – 3″ of lateral thoracic support
• Posterior Deep (PD) – 6″ of lateral support
• Posterior Deep Lateral (PDL) – 6″ of lateral thoracic support
• Posterior Deep Contour (PDC) – 6″ of lateral pelvic support
Four Support Height Levels
The JAY J3 back is available in four support height levels to provide support for clients with wide ranges of torso heights and levels of injury.
• Lower Thoracic – 6.5″ to 9.5″
• Mid Thoracic – 12″ to 15″
• Upper Thoracic – 16.5″ to 19.5″
• Shoulder – 21″ to 24″
Five Hardware Options
The J3’s wheelchair seating hardware offers angle and width adjustability to improve visual orientation and function. Five options are available to accommodate a spectrum of client priorities and wheelchair configurations.
• 2-point (Standard or Extended) – easy to install, quick-release hardware that allows for numerous attaching positions
• 4-point (Standard or Extended) – quick-release hardware that withstands greater force by distributing across four mounting locations
• Lite Mount (pictured at right) – fixed hardware for a rigid mount that adds only .61 lbs.
Microclimatic Cover with 3DX™ Spacer Fabric, Lycra® Outer Layer, and Optional Inner Cover
The J3’s Microclimatic cover features a wicking material and a layer of 3DX space fabric to promote airflow and dissipate heat and moisture, keeping the client clean and dry. The new Lycra top surface provides a smooth, soft sitting surface that resists snagging and catching on clothing.
The J3’s new, optional inner cover provides extra protection against moisture and odor build-up.